11/2/04
Tonight at dinner Joshua was asked to say the dinner prayer. The prayer started out the same as all dinner prayers with the “thank Thee for the food and please bless it”. Then I heard Aimee stir in her chair as she was trying to steal some food from her plate before the prayer was finished. This is where Josh left the norm and added some extra to his prayer. He asked the Lord to “please bless Aimee to not eat her food until the prayer was over”. I then heard Aimee sigh and settle back into her chair. When the prayer was over Aimee was still in her chair with her arms folded and her food had not been touched. –David
So tonight David and I were hugging and kissing in the living room and Aimee came in and said, “Hey, why you guys hugging and kissing? Do you guys love each other?” And we said “yes” and Aimee said “and I love you guys too, and I love my big brother and my little brother.” – Chanda
3-20-05
The other day we where working on cleaning the house and Joshua, out of the blue, said, “Mom made me a cannibal”. I asked him to repeat what he had said and he repeated that mom had made him a cannibal. It wasn’t until later that I realized that what he was saying is that mom made him accountable for the jobs that she had given him. – David
We are going to have another baby in our home. When we came home from the doctor’s office we told the kids and I called the baby peanut because the baby was about the size of a peanut right now. Joshua was not happy with the idea of a baby named peanut so he said it should be called rock. The real name that we are planning to call this baby is Jessica if it is a girl so now Aimee tells every one that, “ mom has a baby girl in her tummy that it is called Jessica, but if it is a boy we will call it rock.” - David
3-27-05
As we were heading off to church today I told Joshua that he needed to pay his tithing. He asked why he had to pay his tithing. I told him that it was because our Heavenly Father asked us to pay our tithing and that he promised to bless us if we do. Then Josh asked if it would get rid of his debt. Chanda and I have been talking about the blessings that we have seen through the paying our tithing and getting out of debt was one of these blessings. Josh apparently heard us and just assumed that this was the reason for paying tithing even though he doesn’t even know what debt is. –David
4-03-05
For the first month or so after we moved to California it rained almost daily. Finally it started warming up and the sun was starting to shine. During one of the sunny days as I was taking Joshua to school he said to me, “Mom it looks like it’s turning into California again.” I asked him, “Do you mean it’s getting sunny again?” And he said yah. Anyhow I thought it was interesting that my child associated the sun and California together. – Chanda
So Aimee is so much a little girl, all girl. She is into looking at magazines and newspaper advertisements and saving them as her lists. Yesterday I went to put her clothes in her drawers and to my surprise the bottom of her drawer was lined with these advertisements. I showed David because it just made me laugh and when she saw me talking to David about it she informed me that she wanted them saved. My little girl. – Chanda
7-18-05
Today I took Aimee and Joshua to their first swimming lessons. They practiced putting their faces in the water and blowing bubbles or doing a ring around the rosies and falling so their faces would get wet. Well when it came to Aimee’s turn, she would never get her face in the water. Later I asked her about it, thinking she was nervous about the water and I think she is some, but this is was she told me, “I didn’t want to get my hair wet.”- Chanda
8-3-05
Sunday I took Aimee for a walk and as we were talking I asked her what made her happy. Her response was really interesting. She said that binkies made her happy, I asked her what else and she said her blanket makes her happy. I asked if there was anything else that made her happy. She told me that kisses make her happy. (I believe it all and worry most about those kisses that make her happy when she is older.)-Chanda
8-21-05
Yesterday I was talking to David and asked if he had heard Aimee say this little phrase, he hadn’t and wanted to make sure I got it in here. Sometimes as we grow up we hear something, but hear or understand it differently. Growing up I thought ear-infections were Aaronfections, cause my brother, Aaron got them quite often. Well, when Aimee gets surprised or excited she will sometimes say “Oh my Josh!” instead of “oh my gosh.” I just think it’s really cute cause that’s what she thinks you say; and I hope it never changes. While I’m thinking of it, something that Joshua and Aimee both have come up with for the same reason, is that when they see a vw bug, it’s never been a “herbie”, but a “curbie”.-Chanda
2-11-06
So last Sunday Aimee got a picture of an earth and three character sticks, one of Satan, one of Heavenly Father and Jesus and one of a person representing us. Anyhow Aimee took the one of Satan and used it as a bookmark somewhere. Joshua was looking at the other papers and asked where was Satan? Aimee’s response was ‘he’s lost!”. I thought it couldn’t be more true, and I hope that we will never have to ask where’s ‘so and so’ in our family and receive the response ‘he’s or she’s lost.’-Chanda
2-11-06
Tonight Aimee was washing her dishes and she called out, “the food won’t drown”. She could not get all the rice that had been left on her plate to do down the drain. -David
5-20-06
Earlier today, Jacob was feeling that life was not going his way and frustrated that I wasn’t being cooperative in letting him doing what he wanted to do. While he was laying on the floor, he vented by telling me, “you’re impossible mom!,” Where does a 2 year old come up with thoughts like these? Anyhow, I just thought it was funny coming from my little boy-Chanda.
5-21-06
The other day we all went to Joshua’s baseball practice at the school. While there Aimee came up to me and said that she needed to use the restroom. The only one available is a port-a-potty. I walked her over and opened the door so that she could use the toilet. She took one step in and looked at the toilet seat and stopped and said “ewe” and I thought that she was going to turn around and leave, but instead she just looked at me and said, “You will put toilet paper on the seat”. I just had to laugh at how much of a girl that she is and how she views life-David.
5-21-06
We were taking the car into the shop the other day to have the clutch fixed. The shop that we were going to was a new one that we had not been to before so I was following Chanda as we looked for the correct street to go down. We happen to miss the street because a tree branch hung down over the sign and so we pulled into a parking lot to turn around. Jacob was the only kid in the car with me and as we started to turn around he asked what we were doing and I said that we were turning around. At this comment he rolled his eyes and said, “mommy’s lost”. I couldn’t help bust up laughing at this two year olds comprehension of the world around him-David.
5-28-06
Yesterday I took Jacob with me to the store and on the way home he told me “thank you, mommy” in a really cute 2 year old voice and I don’t know what for but I told him “you’re welcome.” Then I asked him “how come you’re so sweet?” and his response was “cause I love you mommy!” I have the cutest 2year old in the whole wide world, hands down! - Chanda
5-28-06
So as we were driving home from shopping yesterday I was telling David about a dog that had chewed off his cast from surgery. David said that he should have had one of those cones on his head to keep from chewing things, but then wondered if cones were made big enough for this Ox dog. Joshua then asked if they made the cones big enough for Jacob. David said ya, probably, why? Well Joshua said “then we should get one for Jacob so he can’t bite anyone.” – Chanda
8-27-06
The other day I got after Jacob and gave him the 1,2,3 count to do what I asked him. I said, “1, 2” and his response was “Yippee, I’m 2!” and then he said “1,2,3,4,5 mom, you get over here”(though with out being bossy, more just innocent copying of what he hears me say). Another day I was calling Jacob and again said 1, 2 and he came with a “yep, that’s me, I’m 2.” Anyhow, it’s just so interesting to see Jacob’s personality and how full of personality it really is.
8-27-06The other day Jacob and I were driving home from an errand when we passed the new chapel that is under construction. As we passed by Jacob noticed that there were no doors on the new building yet. Well, when Jacob realized that there were no doors he remarked that, “ I need to get doors for my birthdays, then I could give them to the church”. I was so impressed with this little guys generosity.
Wednesday, April 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
I LOVED this post!! I was laughing the whole time reading about some of my amazing nieces and nephews. Oh i love them so much!
Post a Comment