Thursday, April 17, 2008

6 Word Memoir

So I was listening to the radio the other day and they talked about a contest of some kind were people submitted a 6 word memoir. This is basically trying to define your life in six words. From there people started calling in with their own ideas and I found it really interesting. So I started thinking about it and this is what I decided is my 6 word memoir.

"I am not done yet..."

Why do I pick this? As I have been through many drafting and graphic classes over the years this has become a common phrase that you hear. As you are working along someone will come over and try to critic your current master piece. As it is art and design there is always something that is not perfect and beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so there is always something that can be criticized. In response to this criticism one should always say, "I'm not done yet". I think this applies to life as well. We are all striving to achieve that elusive goal of perfection. We try to appear to others that we are the perfect spouse and parent, that we live the guidelines of the gospel and to many it appears that life is perfect. If people look closer they will realize just how imperfect we are. Again there is plenty of room for criticism, to which I say, "I'm not done yet".

Any one else think of a good 6 word Memoir?

2 comments:

2cooks5buns said...

So we can say we have a comment. Love your memoir. For something interesting Memoir is 6 letters. Chanda

Kristin said...

Hmmm . . .I need to think on this some more. I like the idea, though. And I like both of yours.

I love Bailee's tongue!!